So, I have this go to Meal that I make a lot as it’s super easy to make, healthy, and tastes amazing. Oh and not to mention easy to change up just by the way you flavor the meet, eggplant, and tomatoes.
Usually I make this with Italian Turkey Sausage and do a lot of Italian seasonings in the mixture. Today I used Flavor God’s Everything Seasoning. Oh wow it came out pretty amazing.
So what do I call this concoction? I guess Eggplant Turkey Bake is the best thing to call it, however baking it isn’t really necessary, so maybe that’s not the best name for it. So, yeah I’m going to tell you how to make it and then you can help me come up with a name for it.
- Eggplant – I use a fairly large one
- Onion – I use a medium one
- 2lb Ground Turkey
- 2 14.5 oz cans Diced Tomatoes
- Desired Seasonings
- Mozzarella (optional)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Dice onion
- Chop eggplant into bite size pieces
- Brown ground turkey add desired seasonings
- Once meat is browned remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- In skillet heat olive oil add onion, cook until translucent, add eggplant allow eggplant to start to brown
- Add diced tomatoes to skillet do not drain lower heat, cover, and allow to simmer until eggplant is softened.
- Now you can either add ground turkey to skillet, heat until desired temperature, and serve or
- Add ground turkey, stir to combine, and transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
- Top with cheese if so desired
- Place in 350 degree oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown if using, or until desired temperature if not using cheese.
And, that’s it. So what should we call it?
If you give this a try let me know what you think.