Building Hope 71/365

Yesterday was a crazy looking long day, but so worth it. And, well of course today is a little bit of the same. 

I started the morning off early, and I mean early 4:30 early. I got up at 4:30 so that I could get my workout in, as I knew my day was jam packed. I had thought about sleeping in later and either just forgetting the workout or moving it today, but skipping workouts is a slippery slope for me and since I’m only a week in thought it’d be best just to get up and get it done. 

The reason I had to get up so early to squeeze in my workout was because I was working with RocSolid Foundation. We and our sponsor volunteers built a swing set for a little boy battling ALL Leukemia and his sibilings. The kids were really excited along with their parents and grandparents. 

Here’s just a glimpse of how the day goes.

 ​And, getting up at 4:30 on Saturday is beyond worth it when you get to bring a little hope and happiness to this family even if it is for this one moment it’s worth it. ​


I’m truly honored to be able to be a part of this great foundation and so thankful that I get to be a part of this. 

After we packed up our trailer and supplies we headed back to the warehouse for the kickoff party for a new year with an oyster roast. I planned accordingly and had packed a lunch for myself as I knew I wouldn’t be eating oysters. 

After spending some time with my RocSolid Family I headed home for a quick shower and change of clothes to head off to my friends going away Party as they are moving next week. 

We went to dinner at Afghanian restaurant, where I had a chicken kebab plate with out the rice. It was excellent. A free eating we headed to Dave And Busters for a little arcade playing action. I played some PAC Man Battle Royale, Fruit Ninja, and a ton of carnival inspired games. It was a lot of fun and by 11 pm I was completely exhausted. 

Today, was another busy day. I started the day off with the whole time change thing which I really could of have without this weekend. But, anyway it’s here so I guess I better get used to it. 

I had a brunch with my brunch club at a Mexican place. It was really good. I had a vegetable frittata with potatoes. After brunch it was off to the grocery store to get the items I need for this week’s meals. I had to hit up 2 stores to get everything but totally worth it as I’m super excited and looking forward to all of my meals this week. 

I came home to pick up the house a bit as my kickball team was coming over for practice.  We had a strategy/game plan meeting and then headed to a local restaurant for some dinner. I didn’t make necessarily the healthiest choice on the menu but still made decor to choices. 

Today was a bit thrown off by eating out twice today, but tomorrow morning it’s right back on track with the Fed and Fit Project. 

Tomorrow is a day where I’ll be getting in my workout and cleaning some floors in this house along with getting some work done. I’ll be having some girls over for The Finale of The Bachelor as well. I also have been cleaning out my closet and need to get that finished. So here’s to a productive day tomorrow. And, I’m making a turkey Sweet Potato Casserole for dinner tomorrow night which I’m pretty excited about. Stay tuned for how that comes out. 

Hope everyone has had a great weekend. See you tomorrow. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s